I haven’t done a personal finance links round-up in a while. Between a two-week vacation, my full-time job, and buying the condo, I simply haven’t had the time to do this in the last month and a half. I’ve picked my favorite blog posts from other PF blogs over the last half of the month of January. Enjoy!
- Free Money Finance gives a great idea of how to decide which tax preparation method is best for you. I have definitely used a combination of this method over the last few years. Maybe eventually I’ll stop doing my taxes two ways each year…
- Kate of Her Two Cents discovered an awesome way to save for her girls’ college education! Basically, she figured out that she can replace “daycare” with “college savings” in her budget when her girls go off to public school. So simple, but so brilliant!
- Gail talked about how having too many investing choices can prevent you from saving at all. I’m glad that even though my 401(k) choices were daunting at first and I picked ridiculous funds, I did at least put money into my 401(k) and now I have those funds around to allocate better.
- Vicky Vo shares her income from December 2011. She is doing great without a full-time job!
- Christa at MomVesting discusses pre-nuptial agreements. Even if you don’t sign one when you get married, it’s still good to discuss what would have otherwise gone into one and it’s just yet another way to make sure that you are on the same page as your future spouse financially.
- Well Heeled Blog praised “Zooey Deschanel, her celebrity crush, for being a responsible celebrity spender”. [site is gone, so took the link down]
- Get Rich Slowly shared a reader story about paying cash for their first home. Wow, this couple managed to save $100,000 in 2.5 years! That’s pretty impressive.
- Retire by 40 asked his readers where he should stash $50,000. My vote was to put some of it in Ally’s no-penalty 11 month CDs to lock in the current rates without looking at any early withdrawal penalties – that’s pretty much cash.