- Gail tells Canadians to save their taxes throughout the year instead of getting a tax refund. The IRS has an awesome withholding calculator that I use to update my W-4 with my employer since I can do that online and from home.
- Well Heeled Blog discusses “if it matters who makes more money in a relationship”. [site is gone, so took the link down]
- G.E. Miller of 20 Something Finance explains that 89% of feel overworked too.
- The Finance Buff discusses whether it makes sense to lump sum, dollar cost average, or wait for dip to make his Roth IRA contributions. This past year, I started out putting $416.66 in each month and then when I got a bonus in April, I maxed out my Roth IRA. I think that in 2012, I will wait until I know if I can Roth IRA or not and will thus end up doing a lump sum.
- Her Every Cent Counts talks about her only 2% rent increase. My rent would go up a lot if I renew my lease, so I am very glad that I made the decision to buy. I feel like it would just continue to skyrocket over the next few years as well.
- Free Money Finance’s readers provide some excellent rebalancing advice when using index funds.
- George via a reader story at Get Rich Slowly talks about how he finally found balance in his spending and saving. This is definitely something that I’ve been working on over the last few years and I am getting better at/closer to.