- Her Every Cent Counts debates whether or not she should get rid of her emergency fund, part 1 and part 2. This is relevant to me since I am debating liquefying part of my emergency fund to increase my down payment, lowering my emergency fund to $6,000, but I am budgeting about $10,000 for closing costs.
- J.D. at Get Rich Slowly asks the readers how you stay motivated to save. Sometimes I’ve found it difficult to be motivated to save as well, but it helps that I get excited about super small interest growth :) I don’t know how I would have stayed motivated without that.
- Christa at MomVesting reminds us that you should do a final walk-through before closing on a home. This is a great tip that I didn’t know about, though hopefully my real estate agent would have reminded me when/if we get to this point!
- Nicole&Maggie discuss whether you should buy a house in a good school district no matter what. I don’t plan on having kids in the next 5-7 years, so this isn’t a factor in my decision-making process on my current property purchase.
- The Finance Buff explains sensitivity on service fees using behavioral economics.
- Krystal at Give Me Back My Five Bucks shares the feedback her financial planner gave her on her investment situation and the plan he suggested she execute.