After my failed attempt to raise the limit on my Amazon.com Visa rewards card, I am vowing to not apply for more credit or credit limits until November 1, 2012. This means:
- not having my car insurance company re-pull my credit history to try to reduce my rates
- not trying to up the limit on my credit card at my credit union
- not trying to up the limit on my Amazon.com Visa rewards card
- not applying for any new credit cards (not that I had planned on doing so anyways)
At that point, my credit history will have a length of just over 2 years and an average age of about 2 years.
I will then apply for the following all at once (to reduce the hit on my credit long-term):
- ask my car insurance company to re-pull my credit history to try to reduce my rates
- ask my credit union to increase the limit on my credit card with them and switch to the rewards program
- ask Chase to increase the limit on my Amazon.com Visas rewards card
Wish me luck with this goal! It also means that I will continue to mostly use my debit card due to the low credit limits on my credit cards.